Poplar Tree Services attaches the greatest importance to health and safety at work and have put in place the following management systems and procedures to reflect this.
Poplar Tree Services will take all reasonably practicable precautions for the prevention of accidents and dangerous occurrences. Poplar Tree Services will do their best to create working conditions that safeguard employees. Poplar Tree Services will allocate the necessary resources and enlist the active support of all employees in order to achieve this. Employees also have a statutory duty to take care of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
Poplar Tree Services regards the standards set by the various relevant statutory provisions as the minimum standard which must be achieved and will endeavour to improve upon these standards where practicable.
This policy and the organisation, arrangements and safety procedures will be reviewed regularly, modified and updated as necessary.
1. To promote acceptable standards of health, safety and welfare within Poplar Tree Services and to ensure compliance with all relevant statutory legislation.
2. To create and maintain safe and healthy places of work or all employees and to ensure that the safety and health of persons other than our employees are not adversely affected by our work activity.
3. To ensure that staff at all levels are provided with adequate instruction, training and supervision.
4. To develop safety awareness and responsible attitudes at all levels.
5. To promote a joint consultation approach on health and safety matters.
6. To provide a framework within which our safety performance may be monitored.
This Health and Safety Policy will be reviewed annually, amended and updated as and when necessary. Communication of any such changes will be made to all employees.
There are established and maintained effective procedures for consultation and communication between all levels of management and employees on all issues relating to health, safety and welfare.
Advice and guidance is available from Management and Supervisors and the policy can also be reviewed within the Poplar Tree Services office, where employees can access detailed Health and Safety procedures.
Full Risk Assessments and Method Statements are produced before any works take place. Samples along with our full Health & Safety policy can be provided on request.